Thursday, August 30, 2007

Recording that voice ...

Each breath I took had to be calculated. The length of sentences and the strength of each intonation made every bit a difference. I had to inject life into these words, to make it come alive and let the emotions be felt.

The signal to record came on, 3,2,1 and there I was,a live recording of my voice. Script in front of me, I spoke the first words. A trembling vibration ran through me, a little nervous, a little worried. Time I told myself. Pace the delivery of each word, each sentence.

First page delivered, second and third went off pretty smoothly. The rhythm was there so was the courage. I was enjoying the experience. It was no longer a scary routine nor was it anymore heart pounding. My breath slowly became normal and most importantly the confidence built was enough for me to do more talk sets. I felt three talksets wasn't enough but that was all I had, all that was assigned and given to each of us. We had to be contended with the achievements we made so far. It was fairly good for a beginner, so I was told.

I wanted more challenges. I liked the show preparations, the excitement and most importantly having fun in what I was doing. I am begging for more, I want more of such experience, I just want to move this to another level. I know I can and if I believe I can, I will achieve. Its going to be rough but I will stay strong and persevere and hopefully one day will come for me to perform again.

No comments: