Sunday, September 30, 2007

Facebook ...

Many friends have been telling me about Facebook but I somehow didn't really wanted to explore a new platform similar to Friendster. Anyway, what is it about a 'networking site'? To know more friends or to let the world know you ... like what I am doing now, blogging. ; )

Anyhow, after all the publicity in our local newspaper, Straits Times, I decided to check out Facebook (established in 2004) especially when a friend, Tracy, from HK told me that most of our HK friends are residing in Facebook. By the way, Sandy has also joined, a real surprise thus I decided to ride with the wave and join in too.

As I explored further, I realised I do have some other friends who have joined the community on Facebook thus I have decided to put my 'heart and soul' by filling up the 'profiles'. I also tried loading a photo from my mobile via email and magically, it uploads almost instantly. Amazing tool it is.. it really updates what you are up to at that point of time. 'Live' feeds of your life .... at the click of a few buttons.

If by now, you are not a member of Facebook, you are not growing with technology - somewhat stagnant in life. Facebook is a rather simple yet colorful site which helps you very much to be in touch with your friends, sharing photos and sending 'pokes' or leaving a 'sticky note' with words of care and concern ... indeed a remarkable way to interact with friends overseas.

So before you are left behind by the pace of technology, click on www.facebook.com and give it a try but don't you forget to add me on your friends' list ..

No comments: