Sunday, November 04, 2007

Memory lane ...

Songs tickle my memories. It often brings me on a journey of my past. Failed relationships, school days and sometimes even places.

Just recently, I heard the song 'Dying inside to hold you', it immediately brought me to my secondary school days of courtship and how I had a crush with a particular girl. Ah. The memory bank in the human brain is surely huge.

When was the last time a song triggered sad memories or sometimes, happy ones? For me, almost every song has a story in my life. For example, 'The Heart seeks pleasure first' from the soundtrack of The Piano. This song reminds me of the times I was on IRC (internet relay chat) whereby I got to know a girl through the internet. Chat platforms were really common then and it was cool when you had access to the world wide web. Now its different, computers are a neccessity.

I have a dream of being able to perform in a mini concert with songs that I grew up with. Songs that somewhat moulded my life and swayed my way of thinking. Not only English songs but even Mandarin and Cantonese songs.

I was first exposed to Canto songs when my parents and godparents were fans of Sam Hui. Those simple songs would always remind me of the warmth environment I was given by my family. I am sure if given a chance to perform, Sam's songs will surely be on the list.

Don't ask when will I be performing. Its still in the planning stage. Will update everyone when the time nears and I hope when that time comes, those songs I'll play for you will also touch you in the heart as it did for me.


warm regards,
Mark Chong

No comments: