Monday, December 10, 2007

Blink of an eye ...

In another twenty one days, 2007 would have become part of our past. I have to say time flies and surely it waits for noone. Rich or poor, 365 days is all we have and managing it well solely depends on the individual.

For me, I am not too sure if 2007 went well at all. In the course of any journey, there are always obstacles that stand in the way. Sometimes we succumb and yet sometimes we also prevail.

This year went by rather quickly and I know I shouldn't be complaining too much about my life as it has been pretty smooth sailing all these while. I managed to make new friends, create new opportunities, brought smiles to people and most importantly, I confirmed my wedding date and venue.

Of course, like everyone else, there were wrong decisions made on certain occassions but let's not brood over it. The usual saying goes, what's done cannot be undone so just make do with the triumphs and forget the regrets.

Mapping the course of 2008 can be a little tough especially when I am about to start a new role with a new employer. Definitely a percentage of risk and uncertainty lurks in every new opportunity but I believe after carefully weighing the odds, I will make every stride with no regrets.

The first couple of months will likely be spent on the wedding preparations. I know along the way, arguments will arise on what's good and what's bad for the wedding but I know too that it will be forgotten. The arguments I meant, not the wedding.

Walk with me as I share with you some of the triumps, disappointments and friends I have made in 2007. It could be you that played a part in my 2007. ; )

No comments: