Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another farewell ...


Pricoa has lost an effective manager and a good friend.

Vivian Lee served her last day at the office yesterday after giving a 2
month notice. Its been a short work stint with Vivian whom I report to but
she's one cool boss who works with a heart and brings lots of cheer and
laughter to the team here.

This morning as I stepped into the office, I peeped into the room only to
find an empty desk with a chair neatly parked. No more morning greetings,
no more poking fun at one another.

The atmostphere in the office has changed drastically after her departure.
Perhaps what she said is correct. Give it some time and everything else
will be normal. So what's normal at a work place? Just minding your own
business and not interacting with fellow colleagues. Frankly, the group
here I work with are a bunch of very happy people and we get along really
well.

Vivian, always approachable and nice to her subordinates makes us laugh all
the time with her own laughter. So its true that laughter is the best
medicine and its as contagious as yawning. I guess Vivian and I both have a
similar personality. We are very accommodating and always say 'yes' and
that's one very big reason why she has left. She took too much upon
herself. I guess she's a very good example to what I don't want to be.
Always giving in to others and taking more responsibility every day and
after a long period of time, you just burst and shouting out loud on how
miserable you are.

Oops. Am I sending the wrong signal to my colleagues who might be reading
this. No, I aren't complaining. Am just discussing about personality and
how heroes always die young. Heroes take the world's burden on them and
that's too much thus they fumble and die. I aren't no hero. And don't think
I'll be anyway. ; )

As for Vivian, she'll always be mother hen to the many children she has here.
We'll miss her heaps and who knows, our paths might cross again some time,
some day.

No comments: