Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Singtel F1 spells trouble ...

This morning, I only managed to step into the office at 10.45am. My, I sure was late for work. No thanks to the upcoming Singtel F1 race that is to take place in the city starting Friday 26 September.

I was expecting slow moving traffic when I headed towards town but not traffic that crawled millimetres every few minutes.I felt so frustrated that I wanted so much to just dump my car there and make my way on foot to the office.

The purpose of having the Singtel F1 in Singapore is to bring lots of excitement as well as help boost tourism in Singapore but its seems all these are done at the expense of office-goers like myself.

I understand that the roads are going to be closed for a week and its going to bring nothing but chaos on all roads leading towards the city centre where the pulse of business markets are situated and what's worst, we still have to pay for Electronic Road Pricing (ERP). Shouldn't the Land Transport Authority shut off all these ERPs at this time?

Perhaps they should consider having the IU fitted in the F1 cars and charge them accordingly for using the roads. Brilliant idea isn't it?

No comments: