Friday, October 03, 2008

The place I'll call home .....

At the beginning of this year, I made a goal and that was to be able to move in to my own home before the year end. Sad to say, this will be impossible now. Its October and I have yet to start my home hunting expedition.

 

Friends come up to me asking if I could wait till next year to make a purchase. I personally don't know. For me, I want to move on and move out for various reasons. Selfish it may sound but starting a family is one of the reasons even though Sandy insists that we do that only after 2 more long vacations.

 

I guess I want the freedom to move around, purchase my own furniture and enjoy the power of inner peace. I also have plans to convert one room ( the baby's room) into a music making room. Due to space constraints, I am not able to play and make music in my room now. This is something I miss a lot and thus, is pushing me really hard to quickly get a place despite the uncertainty we face with the economy.

 

Almost every night I dream of my house and how I want it to look like. The layout, the kitchen. Oh yes, I too will be able to have the kitchen all by myself. I can choose what to eat, snack at midnight and even make steak out of the kitchen. It all sounds good isn't it?

 

I even thought about house work and who does what. This is the time you will see me doing house chores which I will happily do after all, its my own place. If I don't take care of it, who will?  Sandy is the answer. I will help her with the simple stuff like placing the clothes into the washing machine, wiping the floor with the magic mop and maybe cleaning the dust that will settle on the television set. See, its house work right?

 

When little Mark / Sandy comes about, I will be very happy to wake up in the middle of the night and help prepare milk and feed if I need to. I like children because I still am rather child-like. I know I can connect with them and stay close. I will throw birthday parties and sing birthday songs with them as each year passes. Phew, I make it sound like I am already a father.

 

Whatever it is, the main pictures I see in my mind will be rosy and happy and that's when I get my own place. Even in the midst of uncertainty, if I need a place, I will want a place and this is where I can call the home of our own – Sandy and Mark.

 

 



No comments: