Thursday, February 26, 2009

The day Heaven shook my hand ...

In bad economic times, people seek religion to subdue their fears of instability and I am one of those who do the same.

 

Frankly, I was astonished when I had such a close encounter with the subject and I never thought I'll ever stand that close to Heaven.

 

I always heard that Heaven and Hell were separated by only one thin line but not many can tell the story about what both places have in them. A rosy garden versus a fiery oven? I don't know.

 

As usual, I do think a little too much. Have I been good or have I been bad. Do I deserve the finer things in life or do I not.

 

As we often hear preachers talk about Heaven, I always wondered how heaven really look like.

 

Within minutes, the news spread. Heaven has arrived at her new work place.

 

While Heaven was introduced as she made her rounds with a HR colleague, I sat at my chair nervous.  Like every new face in the company, Heaven was shown her way around the many desks filled with files and more files. I too didn't escape from this really difficult taks. The number of people you had to meet and the names you had to remember did cause me anxiety then.
 
Finally, they made their way to my desk and as Heaven approached, she reached out her hand and introduced herself politely.

 

Aren't we all glad now that Heaven is going to be on our side at least for the next couple of months at work? What more can we ask for in times of trouble.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fine ah beng you are turning out to be Mark blarder ;)