Sunday, November 22, 2009

Birstol Day 33

Well, the title should be London Day 1 as I am typing this blog in London right now.

Frankly, I prefer Bristol to London because London is just so crowded and messy. The weather wasn't very friendly in the later part of the day because it rained but of course I have to be thankful that the sun was out in the morning.

We started our journey by bus at 650am and arrived in London at about 910am. Pretty good traffic and the ride was pretty fast because I slept in the bus with the help of my MP3 player. It is not even an IPOD because I don't own one but it serves me well and that is the main importance.

London is indeed a bustling city and surely a place which sees people of different races and nationalities visiting. It is afterall the gateway to Europe and imagine the number of flights flying in from all over the world. Just the London Eye itself has seen 33 million visitors since its opening. If only Singapore can attain such numbers but then again, with such high figures of visitors, there will be traffic jams and a very populated city just like London.

From the photo I took of the London Eye, I see a resemblance to that of Singapore's new icon - Singapore Flyer. Just imagine the ferris wheel to be the Singapore Flyer and the building behind it as Fullerton Hotel. Not forgetting the Singapore River. :)

Frankly, the buildings in London were magnificient in architecture but were really old and surely a lot of history to them. Basically if you enjoy history, then Europe would be the place to visit but for me, I don't really fancy history thus didn't really find the commentary provided on the bus and river tour enjoyable. The scenic landscape was of course attractive to the eye and really unfortunate that the battery in my camera wasn't efficient enough to sustain throughout the day. I blame it on the cold weather.

Breakfast was bacon, sunny side up and baked beans at the Victoria station thus didn't think it was worthwhile to upload the photos but dinner was pretty interesting. I had an Italian curry puff with tomato soup. The Calzone wasn't really that tasty because I have tasted better ones in Singapore many years back. It is basically a pizza folded and thus looking like an Old Chang Kee curry puff.

A lot of traveling was done today because the hotel we are staying in is a little far from the city.We couldn't get any hotels in town as they were all full. Maybe because we didn't book it earlier and it was a last minute decision that we visited London. Hectic but pretty worthwhile. I might arrange to visit again in the next two weeks and hope to get a hotel in the city as that will surely make things easier or maybe visit for a day trip but let's see.

Photos will need to be uploaded tomorrow because the internet connection here isn't very stable so bear with me. I will visit Harrods, Muji and maybe LV tomorrow to help buy some stuff for friends. People, no promises because if is crowded, I won't even consider going near it. It is really stressful fighting through the streets especially so when it is raining.

Update you again tomorrow. :)

No comments: