Saturday, January 09, 2010

Mails ...

I believe most of us grew up during the penpal days where each week, we write to a penfriend with lots of hopes that they'll reply.

Things are different nowadays and I wonder if children do know that stamps exists. I am sure they do.

At the click of buttons, we get what we need in this technology crazy era and it irks me at times when people do respond so quickly. Don't get the wrong idea. I was referring more to work emails and not personal mails. It irks me even more when the email hits my inbox minutes before I knock off work but then again, we have some technology called Blackberry. Who came up with this name? Why name a machine some berry? We don't put berries in our pockets but this sure fits in well without it getting squashed.

I used to have penpals and wrote pretty often without getting responses on time. Sometimes a month or two later. I remember always having to check with my parents if I received any mails on a daily basis but usually nothing in my name but these days when I open up my mailbox, I dread opening the letters because they are nothing but bills after bills. Payments for credit cards, utilities etc.

Gone were the days where greeting cards filled the post and again, thanks to the easily availability of e-cards but then again, I received none. I wonder why. Could it be me being unpopular or friends are just too lazy to even drop me a mail but instead send me forwarded short messages via the mobile phone because it is free.

Just look at how things change. Maybe many years later when Luca reach his school days, a new technology comes about. Greetings will be made using holography. ; )

No comments: