Saturday, May 14, 2011

Luca just turned 1...

I still remember clearly the day Luca was born ... Just after a simple Mother's Day dinner and at midnight, Sandy showed signs of labour.

I also remember asking her not to joke as I was already very tired.

Time flies and the little fella turned one a couple of days back and had a birthday party at Macs .... Just like I had mine twenty over years ago.

He's now learnt how to crawl and slowly making progress with walking. In no time, he'll be running.

Parenthood has changed Sandy and I a lot. We now think what's best for the kid .... And of course selfish me very often do things that's best for me while Sandy sacrifices everything else placing Luca as priority.

Well. She has that motherly figure in her after all.

A couple of months back, Sandy and I have decided that we will make a trip overseas without Luca and that happens this weekend. It's the very first time the mother and son will separate for days without seeing one another. Hopefully Luca won't miss her (and me too) much.

So you must wonder what happens to Luca then. Well, his grandparents will babysit him for the six nights we are gone.

Let's hope they'll all cope well. I'm sure they will by hook or by crook.

I've just told Sandy to leave an unwashed pyjamas for my mum to wear because I've read somewhere that little children may miss their mother's scent. I wonder how true but that's quite a funny thought.

Anyway, the week will fly pass as quickly as it always does. Just last week today, we celebrated Luca's birthday at Macs. And trust me, prior to that and on his actual birthday, we found every excuse to celebrate his birthday.

I'm spoiling him. On his birthday, I made a purchase in his name .. Saying it's for him. But likely it's more for me. :)














































.... hideKraM on the go ....

No comments: