Sunday, June 08, 2014

Ipoh 2014

I can't remember how it all came about to plan a visit to Ipoh with the entire family. Perhaps someone casually remarked about its prized hor fun.

My dad's roots were from Ipoh where we still have some relatives and like how life really is some have left us. Obviously there too were new joiners.

I guess the visit was primarily catching up with the folks there and also to revisit the places my grandparents used to take us - food.

There were numerous occasions when I felt the presence of grandma who passed away last year and it kinda brought tears to my eyes. Maybe I miss that old lady especially when I stepped into the house she used to stay in whenever she visited.

Grandfather was missed too as we went to perhaps one of his favorite coffeeshop in Ipoh for hor fun and satay. 

Nevertheless we had lots of fun and Luca's first visit to Malaysia was kind of fun although he did say he missed home.

Throughout the trip he hardly threw any tantrums except when he wanted sweets and cold drinks.

I guess we can always plan another trip with the clan next year but for now it is time to plan a trip just for the three of us.

No comments: