Sunday, August 12, 2007

Importance of Family ...


What's a better way to celebrate Jun Sheng's birthday? I couldn't really think of any other place to go that suits him thus I thought let's bring the family together for a meal at Vila'ge at Heeren.

The meal was average but what really made me happy was the togetherness in the family. Cohesion. We shared our food, took care of each other and made sure everyone had enough food in their stomaches to last till dinner time.

I am a person who really enjoys family outings and get-togethers. Being quiet at times, I hardly talk with family but I enjoy their company. Just seated there with every member of the family on the same table brings me warmth. Can't really describe the feeling but its just sweet.

I treasure family ties really much although at times it seems like I do not generate those vibes for others to feel how much they mean to me. Seriously, everyone in the photo means a lot to me. That also includes a "new member" to the family, Patty.She helps grandma with every little thing and still puts on a radiant smile despite the loads of cleaning whenever we mess up Godpa's house.

I hope in my next photo with family, I could have a photo with me in it and together with everyone in the family - Dad, Mum, two brothers, Godpa, Godma, two Grandmas, Sandy, Beatrice, Jacob Shek and Lisa Shek. This photo will then consists of a true family that is close to my heart.

Family ties are important and I urge everyone to treasure the family around them.If you feel shy to express your feelings for them, I guess blogging like what I am doing tells them all.

To my family, just want to say, I treasure everyone of you and love you all lots ....

2 comments:

Chindiana said...

So true dude. Many of us take family for granted thinking that everything will remain the same forever.

Anonymous said...

A very touching post. Brought tears in my eyes. I enjoy family outings too! It makes me feel warm and loved inside.