Monday, August 27, 2007

The voice ...

This evening, I attended Media Academy's Radio Presentation Course. My first day of the five day class.Well, not that I am shy about this but I always had interest in radio, television, advertising etc. I guess its communication by ways of the different mediums made available that sort of interest me. Who knows, the next time I might stop blogging and go into vblogging instead.

The course was attended by people of all walks of life, different sizes and different ages. Am sure everyone there has a dream to achieve- to be a jockey. Radio jockey, not those on horses mind you.

Programme Director of Class 95,Erina Cook, was the trainer today. It will be followed by other trainers like Mark Richmond and Daniel Ong. It was exciting to learn that on Thursday, a recording will be done on our 'show presentation'. Its a mix of excitement and that adrenaline rush of nervousness. I guess it all boils down on 'show preparations'.

Every morning when I travel to work, I would hear Glenn and FD on Class 95 blaberring non-stop, a result of show preparations. Lots of work I believe.

Let's see what good I'll get from finishing this course, perhaps I would be a better presenter at weddings and who knows, a part time show presenter for dinner and dance or maybe road shows, or simply just a voice over for commercials or that automated voice you often hear at our government agencies, 'All our operators are busy, please hold and you will be attended to shortly .... Beep...'

No comments: