Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Untitled ...

Where has my interests gone for something I used to love and depend on so much. Where was the music that revolved around me wherever I may roam ? Music used to be more than a past time for me, it was a passion and an expression of my thoughts. It was almost my everything.

I was exposed to the different music made by various composers, from Beethoven to Dick Lee, Leslie Cheung to Yoshiki. Language was no barrier for the music I listened to as I focused on the music more than words and slowly crafting out the meaning by way of imagery in the mind, bit by bit with the help of the melody.

Recently I found myself staring blankly at my collection of CD albums I had stashed aside in my cupboard. I couldn't decide what to listen to, I couldn't find that music that the inner soul wanted to hear. I felt rather disappointed. The huge amount of money I had spent on these CDs yet they couldn't satisfy me. It could not soothe me anymore. I was so tempted to just throw them away.

I dug deeper into the stacks of CDs piled up and found my well-known collection of X-Japan still wrapped up in plastic packaging. To digress a little, the reason for them to be 'deeper' inside the cupboard was because I didn't want dust on them. Anyway, I decided to unwrap one of them and played it.A familiar melody brought nostalgic moments of younger days, days of rebellion and a search of identity to who I am and what exactly was I to do with my life as till today, I still have not found that direction.

No comments: