Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wake up call ...

How often do we snooze our alarm clocks and allow it to ring again 5 minutes later, 10 minutes later or perhaps, some let it ring again after 15 minutes from the original alarm that was initially set? For me, I need at least 5 minutes snooze before I get myself out of bed.

So what happens in that 5 minutes of peace after the first alarm? The mind slowly wakes up to plan the day ahead and think of all the work that is waiting at the office. I always believed in taking some time to picture the day and try to make the best of it. Its only normal, who wishes to have a bad day at the office right? Of course, at times, the mind would wander straight to after office hours, picturing dinner with friends or that simple soccer game you'll have in the evening.

Often, I find my 5 minutes of personal time disrupted by noises of loud knocks on the door to wake Sandy up ( by her mother ) or the naughty Jack Russels barking. I guess I am a person who likes peace and never noise. I remembered when I was younger, I used to wake up to the sound of music as the hi-fi was also used as my alarm clock. Waking up to the sound of music always brightens my day but my current Bose system doesn't carry such a function thus no music to wake me up.

Yes, I know mobile phones have such functions and am already using it to wake myself up every morning. The sound ...? Barking of dogs. ; )

No comments: