Thursday, October 18, 2007

Peeling skin ...

The wound is finally recovering after almost two weeks. A rather long healing process perhaps due to the location and size of the cut, right at the knee joint, where movement is inevitable unless I stay immobile for long periods of time.

As the dried patch of dead skin slowly falls apart, a new layer of skin surfaces underneath it. Itching at times, I resist scratching. I will have to allow it to slowly take its time to recover fully. A fresh new skin.

In life, we often look forward to something new. Perhaps in the aspects of career, dreams, social activities and sometimes love. Don't give me that look, am not hinting anything ya? Its true. How often do we find ourselves moving in motion with no drive nor passion, be it at work or in our daily social activities?

Deep inside everyone of us, we have this urge to try something new but we do not have the guts to take that plunge although we want so much to just dive in and forget the circumstances. I guess humans are too calculative. We measure the factors of success and failure before making any move to our career and worst, love.

I have many friends who are still single at this age despite being rather attractive. Not too sure why they aren't dating but I always ask them to 'go try Mr A, don't think too much', but they always come back to me and say, 'Don't want to, he is not my type.'

In return, I would always ask, 'what type suits?' They don't know the answer because they never tried it out. They have a mental block, always fearing the worst. To tell you the truth, I faced umpteen rejections before I ended up attached. I meant, I had kind of a high number of ex-girlfriends, tried them and didn't think they suited me. At least I managed to try until I found Sandy. Imagine if I never did try, I would not have found Sandy right?

Oops, am looking at the title now and realised its about peeling skin and so what am I talking about all this relationships etc. See, the relevance is this, only by taking a fall, you will have the opportunity to attain rejuvenated skin. If you do not take that plunge, you'll never know the beauty of having happy skin again. : )

Enough said, am considering plastic surgery for my pimple scarred face now.

No comments: