Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A newborn ... for Ed and Louisa ...

Congrats to Edwin and Louisa on the birth of their little princess, Baby Tan.

So why Baby Tan? Well, its because the newly crowned father and mother have yet to decide on the baby's name thus its only normal that the surname will be used for the time being. So what is it like to be a father? I have yet to interview Edwin but for sure its a new phase of life, a first step to a journey of responsibility - an obvious outcome of parenthood.

Its funny when we heard that both Edwin and Louisa were afraid of carrying their little baby as they are not used to carrying a small frame of body mass in their arms. If it were me, I don't know if I would react the same. Ask me in another couple of years, I might be able to tell you.

I guess there are lots to learn about parenthood and baby caring. I learnt that it took almost twenty five minutes thereabouts to breast feed a baby and mind you, that was only one side of the pair. My gosh, can you imagine the baby's natural instinct to be able to suck on milk for a darn 25 minutes? That's long isn't it?

Diaper changing is yet another task that parents will have to learn. Edwin and Louisa were helpless when they found that their precious gem had just pooed. They weren't sure how to help the baby cleanse its butt and change the diapers. I guess all these comes with practice and practice makes perfect.

As the baby progresses with age, Edwin and Louisa will be learning more and hopefully they will be able to impart some skills they learnt to us and provide us with handy tips at handling babies. So Lance and Mun, are you ready for lessons? For me, I guess I will use my animal instincts right. ; )

No comments: