Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Creep attack ...

This world surely hides lots of surprises and sometimes shocks and you'll never know when it'll pull a trick on you so you better beware.

Just yesterday while I was driving to work in the morning, we had a visitor in our car. Yes, you kind of guessed it right. A rather uninvited visitor - the cockroach. It appeared right in front of me on the dashboard. Cool it, I didn't freak out but maintained my calm but the two ladies with me were almost screaming and reacting like they saw a cobra.

Sandy quickly pulled me a small piece of tissue or rather, a soiled tissue she used for who knows what and expected me to catch it using such small surface area left from that tissue. So what happened? I left it to wander a little before Sandy gave me a bigger piece and when I reached out to try to rid the little pest, I lost sight of it. Oh come on ,I was driving and trying to catch a freaking cockroach but rest assured, safety wasn't compromised. Anyway, I 'spared' its life and decided not to pursue further searching for the darn insect.

Now, this is going to shock you even more. I heard from a colleague that there were three snakes found on our office level. Upon hearing this, I had flashes of the movie ' Snakes on a plane' starring Samuel Jackson. I imagined myself as a victim of snake bites and had some hallucination that some slithering snakes were creeping under my desk.

Back to reality, I confirmed with some other colleagues about this snake attack and its true they appeared in the office uninvited. The source? Very likely the plants we lease for decoration purposes all just to make the office look greener and to beautify the surroundings. Now you know what the game of Snakes and Ladders really is about. Its true snakes can find themselves to the eleventh storey of an office building which is only in the midst of concrete jungle.

No comments: