Friday, October 12, 2007

Signs of growing old...

Certain signs in my life point out to me that I am no longer the boy I used to be - active in sports, tough and quick to recover from injuries.

Sorry to those who are really older than I am and reading this. I know you must be feeling really offended that at my young age of 28, I make a statement saying that I am growing old. Don't fret. You aren't all that old yet but a fact is you are growing 'older'. For me, am only growing old. For you, you are growing 'older'.

Enough of emphasizing on 'older'. Just recently, I had a fall, hurting my left knee and the right ankle. Clumsy me. A big patch of flesh is still exposed in the knee, the size of half a dollar note waiting to dry up and grow new skin. It is kind of taking a little longer to heal than some years back, perhaps its the size or merely the tissues are processing things a little slower. Some signs of old age.

In my younger days, I used to look at my older cousins and kept thinking why they were looking a little out of shape despite them being only in their late twenties. Now I understand what exactly went wrong as I go through the exact same process -a lack of exercise and unhealthy food.

For me, the physique is still rather 'alright' but the tummy is only bulging a little. Hey, comparing with some friends,mine looks normal. Oops. I think I made some enemies here.

So if exercise is the key to staying fit, healthy and a good way to stop that aging effect? Why is it then that we do not indulge ourselves in exercise and more exercise? Is it the time we spend at work and the all important social network that we put a healthy regime aside?

I aren't sure myself but it sure is a little difficult to maintain that discipline to take time out to exercise and keep fit. Very often we would only be satisfied with a pint of beer, some fries to go along with and a late midnight supper. How can one not grow old like that? So if you are feeling a little older than usual, pick up that sport and work those muscles out. It will help you much in maintaining the healthy lifestyle and rid of the aging effect too .... But its once again easier said than done.

No comments: