Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Deferred ...

Right, you read it. An appeal was made for my deferment and I succeeded. That's the reason why you are able to see my blog. If I were still in captivity, there won't be any updates.

Firstly would like to thank Audrey for lending me a Nokia 8250, a camera-less phone for my use whilst in camp. Am sure the reason why she lent me the phone was to make sure I was still reachable despite being on reservist in camp. For you who do not already know, camera phones are a strict no in military premises. Sometimes I really wonder if the rules are that strict. Can you imagine a Major or a Colonel carrying a museum eligible handset walking around camp. Funny isn't it? Seriously, technology is so advanced now, can military stop such gadgets from being used in camp?

Enough about phones and camp. Am really glad to be home and ready for work tomorrow. I heard there are lots to do but that's what salary is for right? Oh, besides thanking Audrey, I guess Evelyn also did a great job with drafting the appeal letter for me. I guess that really contributed to the approval for deferment. My, now I am feeling a little embarrassed about the fact that I am happy because I deferred. Makes it seem that I play no part in our country's defence. Wrong! I form a part of Economic, Psychological and Social Defence.To learn more about them, visit www.totaldefence.sg for more details.

Felt like I was doing some promotion about Total Defence for Singaporeans and stressing the importance of it. It sure is important as these are factors that contribute to Singapore's stability and relavance to the world. Wow! Did I use the phrase 'relevance to the world'? Made me sound like some politician or minister.

Let's shift the topic to something lighter instead of political comments etc. I have some trick up my sleeve. Sandy isn't aware of my deferment so you want to make a guess to what trick am I going to play? Think .. come on.. don't be lazy .. THINK HARD!!

It like this - she'll assume that I will wake up early for camp as my reporting time is 0730hrs. Tomorrow morning (11 Oct), I will wake up only at about 0730hrs and start screaming about how late I am going to be and how I am going to spend my weekend in camp as punishment. I will put the blame on her for not waking me up and letting me sleep in so late. I wonder how she'll react... especially with the fact that I might spend my holiday weekend in camp. Let's see if I can remember to take a video of her reaction and place it on Facebook. ; )

So reservist away for the time being, it's going to be back to the reality world of work ... till my next In-Camp Training call up in March .....

No comments: