Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Amara Sanctuary ...

We seem to be facing a little bit of a problem with our wedding venue at Amara Sanctuary. It has been sometime since we placed our deposits to secure our wedding lunch but till now, we have yet to receive any written agreement or confirmation from the hotel.

Amara Singapore, a hotel meant mostly for business travellers have quite a reputable service standard thus the reason why we decided to use a hotel under the same management but Amara Sanctuary is not in mainland Singapore. Its on an island names Sentosa. (assuming you have not heard of this popular island)

Amara Sanctuary is a boutique spa hotel and spa hotels are supposedly to display the highest qualities of hospitality. This time round, its somewhat different. Amara Sanctuary's personnel are not all helpful or responsive.

I have made a number of calls, sent numerous emails yet noone responses. Now I wonder if their email system is even working. Its weird isn't it when the hotel doesn't follow up with a booking amounting to quite a huge revenue especially for a wedding. What service standards are we talking about now? Zero. Lousy.

As a patient fella like me, I usually give time, ample time but not now, I think I am really fed up of waiting indefinitely. Its not that the wedding date is 12 months later, its 7 months away and nothing has been confirmed. It leaves me with a state of insecurity. What if Amara Sanctuary screwed up my booking? What's going to happen to my important day?

I have decided not to leave it to chance but instead seek a refund on my deposit and approach other hotels available. This evening, I sent out a final email to the hotel and if nothing comes back in the next two days, drastic measures have to be taken. I will make a trip to the island and pour my complains. No one can blame me, I have waited quite some time. I know there was a change in person handling my booking but that's no excuse.

I believe I do have the rights to seek an explanation from the management at Amara Sanctuary and every right to call off the deal without having my deposit forfeited. Afterall, its their fault. So why should I bear the consequences and inconveniences and having to worry what's going to happen. Perhaps, the staff at Amara Sanctuary will be one of the few people who will ever see an angry side of me. And that won't be really funny.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, chanced upon your blog, and read what you said about the Amara Sanctuary. They have caused me some anxiety and headache as well. The first wedding coordinator I worked with quit in October, and I've just heard that the lady who replaced her has also just quit! So it's a third lady now. Hope everything works out for us, that is, if you are still using the venue! Are you?

KraM said...

Somewhat yes, I will be using the venue at Amara Sanctuary.

Sure hope things will be better for us but it shouldn't be a problem. I guess they'll just need to pull the team together.

Good luck with your wedding ...!