Thursday, November 22, 2007

Make-up lessons.

Its Make-up lessons I am talking about and not make-out lessons. Do we even need lessons for the latter? Quit it.

This evening, Sandy and her colleagues decided to visit CK Tang, a departmental store in the heart of Orchard Road, all for one reason - Makeup lessons. They were there for some private party by Ipsa, a cosmetic brand that supposedly suits Asian skin.

Being the only other man in the crowd, I stood for twenty minutes watching a Japanese man exhibiting some of his artistry works on a female model. Hey, only the face. No where else.

Okagawa-san(by the name, he should be Japanese)was patiently explaining the uses of brushes, mascara and sharing some a tip or two on the best ways to doing a wonderful job on the face with the help of colored palettes and brushes. In other words, the technique to having a good makeup.

I stood there listening patiently as the Japanese chap explained in his mother tongue on every stroke he made brushing the model's face. Oh, I forgot to mention it was only through the pretty translator who spoke really good English that allowed me to make up what was being said as she translated Okagawa's foreign sentences. My, I have to say this translator sure had a pretty face and a very good complexion. Perhaps its the makeup.

Makeups do wonders for a lady. The 'before' and 'after' effect on the female model made me think if having makeup on was just a sort of cover up for most ladies. No offence, just a thought I wanted to share. ; )

I didn't just stand there and gawk at pretty ladies but I learnt some little tricks. To have big and round eyes like those Japanese models, all you have to do is line not only the outside of the eyes but also the inside. Many tend to be lazy and skip the lining for the inside. Do it on both sides, inside ,outside and of course on both sides and your eyes will look as good as Ayumi Hamasaki's.

I also learnt that too many strokes across each cheek can be too much of an unnatural color. Its best to have 4 good strokes from the top downwards. This will better reflect the radiance in the skin color's natural beauty rather than having to look rather fake when wearing a makeup. Of course, it depends on your perferences to how you wanna look.

It was also said should you want to have Angelina Jolie's puffed up lips, just dabble a bit of Ipsa's lip gloss and apply it gently onto the bottom lip. This will enhance the lips to look livelier and smooth. The lip gloss doesn't stick but is instead a gives you a smoother surface area on the lip.

Enough mentioned about the cosmetic brand Ipsa cause I now feel like I am overdoing it. I seem to be advertising more than blogging. Not good.

Back to Okagawa-san, the makeup artist. One can tell that he is enjoying himself dolling up the female model. It does not appear to me that he is working. His expression on his face and his strokes of passion as he works his brush tells me this man is one lucky chap. He is able to do something he likes so much. I found myself asking questions on how he started in this career and what made him venture into a 'sissy' job. Perhaps, its the passion or perhaps, the opportunity to brush pretty girls' faces. Either way, he is a gay winner. By the word 'gay', I meant happy. Don't you think otherwise.

No comments: