Sunday, November 11, 2007

Wii .. a family attraction ...

A new toy has appeared in Godpa's place and this time, its an interactive set of Wii, a new family entertainment system using Nintendo technology which requires movements of sorts.

In previous blogs, I mentioned the effectiveness of mahjong being a sort of entertainment for the family and bringing families together but as technology advances, even family games have to be kept up-to-date. Wii has so far brought lots of laughter to the family and the best part is Grandma is also taking part in our sporting activities. One can never be too old to play Wii. It helps the body get its fair bit of exercise as well as bringing cohesiveness to families.

It was fun having to play with my cousins Christin and Kenneth. Having sports games from tennis to bowling, baseball and boxing. My, boxing is the most tedious and surely a muscle stretching game. My body is almost aching now as I had my fair share of boxercise. ( I hope I got the spelling right) Just yesterday, Weisheng and Junsheng too had a round of boxing, leaving both with aching muscles.

I read that there are many other games in the pipeline and its going to be great fun having family laughing over exagerrated movements and stances.Nothing is more important than family laughter so head out to those stores and buy yourself a set of Wii. Its a good investment both for health and for family ties.



No comments: