Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Choosing a present ...

So its Christmas, the time for gift exchanges. Like everyone else, I face problems, never knowing what to buy for friends.

We know some gifts are just bought for the sake of signifying the Christmas joy but think again, isn't it important to buy a gift which the receipient truly would appreciate and use. That's where the head starts cracking from the inside.

I have friends who are fortunate to have almost everything except for those big ticket items which I can hardly afford even for my own use. Forget HDTVs or IDTVs (latest), Nintendo Wiis or Playstations. Something more practical and affordable.

Books and music CDs are pretty common gifts and sometimes its difficult to tell whether your friend already owns the latest compilation of music hits or finished reading The Secret.

Maybe cufflings or ties for male friends and spa vouchers or aromatherapy sets for the females. Am sure these items can come in handy for lifestyle seeking friends. Ok, not original enough some may say.

See, that's why I say its always difficult to choose a gift. Am sure you agree with me on this but should you want to buy me gifts, here's what I'll need and want.

1. Laptop with multi media funtions
2. Electronic Keyboard with music export abilities
3. Hip looking bag for work
4. A brown belt
5. Book vouchers
6. HMV vouchers
7. Nike Running shoes
8. Sports bag for my Wednesdays and Fridays workout
9. Gloves for gym

The list can go on till probably number 40. Afterall am looking to purchase my future home next year. That's what is important for before my wedding.

Nevertheless, a gift comes right from the heart. It doesn't matter the price tagged to the gift, its the thought that counts but whatever it is, a pet is never the right gift for someone. To own a pet is a life long commitment. Should you on impulse decide to get your friend or child a pet, think twice as I am sure you know its irresponsible to dump your pet at a later stage thus should you really want to give your friend a pet, try getting a pet Rock.

No comments: