Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Gym ...

Wednesdays have been assigned as the day Sandy, Beatrice and I do our weekly routine of workouts at the gym. Well, it actually started today, so we thought.

I woke up this morning excited.Afterall, its my first visit to a gym after a long time. Its something to look forward to when you know that after work, there is something worthwhile to do. I was well prepared with towels and a change of cloths, all ready to face the various machines that will help keep me in better shape. I even planned a routine of sets.

So after work, I picked up both ladies and while we were on the way to the gym, there were lots of talk in the car that sort of hinted the reluctance of visiting the fitness facility. Upon hearing all these talk, I was a little disappointed but what can I do? Despite what was said, I didn't want to give up driving to Keppel Country Club.

So I proceeded through the gate of the club and parked the car.Knowing that they were reluctant to exercise, I still went on to take my bag of attire, ready to change into my exercise kit. As I walked away from the car, Sandy finally gave up and asked to postpone the gym session, giving excuses on how tired she was after her cruise etc. Beatrice as usual, had that evil grin on her face and said it didn't matter whether or not we worked out tonight because she has her own exercise schedule tomorrow doing 'Pole Exercise'. Sounds vulgar huh?

Anyway, since Sandy opened her mouth and said to postpone, I agreed and decided to walk back to the car for dinner. What went right into my mind at that point was to have Nasi Lemak (coconut rice) for dinner as it was only a short drive further down the road where we were. Irony isn't it? An evening set aside for gym ended up in a faraway place eating food that were not at all good for the body.

Never mind that.Best of all was before we headed out to the coffee shop where we supposed to have our dinner, Beatrice suggested visiting the Jackpot room. My, this naughty lady sure know how to have fun. Without contemplating, she whipped out a fifty dollar note and changed it to one-dollar coins.

Very unlike me, I merely sat at the sofa while she searched for a machine that could help her with a little bit of windfall but as usual, in less than 15 minutes, the machines swallowed all her coins, wiping her clean. That's what the machines were made for anyway if not, did you think the country club would have survived for so long just by attracting golfers? I doubt so.

Nevertheless, we happily drove towards our next destination of unhealthy food where a particular someone had to foot the bill. Why? Its because we previously set a rule stating that whoever chooses not to exercise on the assigned day without valid reason will have to buy dinner. So right now I am just wondering if its going to be the same person again the next time footing the bill ...

1 comment:

Eagles Football Club aka Eagles FC said...

Heh "Uncle Mark", if you wanna gym, i can chio you. I frequent the Safra gym at Mt Faber.