Sunday, December 02, 2007

Nothing left ...




So the long awaited company event has just ended and after my shower, am typing out my thoughts right here. Photos to be uploaded only later.

Nothing special really happened but have to say the emcee for the night, Adam, sure did a good job in making the crowd participate in the activities lined up for the night. It aren't easy to involve your audience but I can tell that everyone of the attendees sure wanted some fun and of course,the prizes were attractive.Too bad I didn't get the chance to claim any despite holding on to a nice ticket number - 8288.

Seated with the HR team that were dressed to the occasion, especially Audrey's pink hair band and Gek Lian's hairdo. The team only interacted when we played a team game where all of us had to contribute and consolidate a string of items the emcee requested for. Items like Eunice's diamond ring was sacrificed,a fifty dollar note which Michelle had lots to spare, a Nokia phone that Audrey's bought a week ago , Anne's right heel shoe and my pair of prescribed spectacles. My, I was the only person not using contact lens there so I was forced to stay 'blind' for awhile. What to do? I can't say no when others have sacrificed right?

Of course there were many moments of laughter, there was a performer supposedly from Australia who impersonated Michael Jackson, Elvis and Taiwanese singer Teresa Teng. We were also given a good workout when we had to form a human train. Can you imagine a long line of colleagues running through the ballroom to the music of YMCA. It was tiring but it was the fun that mattered.

The night's theme was Dance of an Era so how can we not forget the wonderful music that were played. It was like Zouk's Mambo night right at the Pan Pacific ballroom. Only difference was the variety of age groups on the dance floor.

A pity when we were seated together as a department, there wasn't much to talk about. For me, I tried hard to mingle within our table but I guess everyone else had their own agenda and mine just didn't fit in. Maybe because our boss VJ wasn't around. What to do, she's suffering from bad cramps and resting at home.

I wanted to take as many photos with the many people I came to know when in Maersk but there wasn't much opportunity. Perhaps I didn't ask, that's why but thankfully, I did manage to take with the closer colleagues of mine and a group photo of HR.

The evening ended with me sending Eunice, Noorsia and hubby and of course not forgetting my partner for the night, Michelle. She has been great company all these while when I am in Maersk and she has promised me that she'll invite me to next year's event as her partner once more. Thanks Michelle!

Let's hope the friendships I have forged in Maersk will carry on its journey despite my search for greener pastures elsewhere. I will remember every individual I have worked with as nothing will be left forgotten as I walk my remaining 17 days in Maersk.

No comments: