Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lunar New Year ...

Like I always say, good days fly pass really quick. Quicker than the blink of an eye.

Its been about 5 days since I updated my blog and I have to admit there have been so many things that took place during this festive season of the Lunar New Year - a celebration to mark the new beginning for the Chinese community.

It usually starts off with a reunion dinner on the eve of the New Year with immediate family. Like most Chinese families, the reunion dinner is an important affair. Its a day where family members get together for a meal. Perhaps, on Sundays, its reunion dinner throughout the year as we often gather at Godpa's place for a simple dinner. Its not what we eat that counts but the quality time we give one another.

As per Chinese tradition, home visits take place and exchange of gifts and red packets are part of the tradition. During this period, I usually get extra income but it seems that this is going to be the last year that I am free from giving out red packets. If you do not already know, married couples will have to give out red packets and thus no escape for me but I am sure I will enjoy the process of distributing red packets.

During this few days of celebration ( given that its a long weekend in Singapore), we indulge in food, snacks, alcohol and most importantly, gambling. I had quite a number of rounds of blackjack and the result is - negative. Have been in a losing streak but it doesn't matter, its all part of the fun losing to family and friends. ; ) So if you won my money, feel bad not.

Today is Sunday and tomorrow is not a holiday. Sigh, work is likely waiting for me at my work desk. I guess that's life. Again, like I always say " a bad day like any other good day will pass us by quickly " thus, am looking forward to the weekend again. ; )

No comments: