Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Busy weeks ...

Its been quite some time since I entered my thoughts and life on this online journal. What to do ? I have been busy with my social life and as well as help out at my best friend's wedding.

I have so many thoughts that I would like to share with everyone but let's take it on one at a time.

Over the weekend, I didn't get to do much except for helping out at Hanwen's wedding. My. I'll be lying if I said it wasn't tiring. It sure was. The fact that the night before his wedding, I didn't even catch a minute of sleep was too much for me.

For some of you who already know, I was the emcee for the wedding dinner as well as the joker who croaked as I played out a tune or two on the ivory keys of a grand piano. I felt really embarrassed for playing some wrong chords as well as singing a little out of tune but it doesn't matter, I did it all for a cause and that cause surely wasn't about being a star that night. There were only two stars there and then - the couple, Hanwen and Clara.

I had to admit I wasn't very cool playing the piano as its my first time playing alone and in the midst of people whom most I didn't know. 400 of them but I have to say, I think I did a good job. Not many have the guts I had. ; ) By the way, this isn't going to stop me from performing at my own wedding.

As the wedding took place over the weekend, come Monday, my body was weak and tired thus Sandy and I took Monday as a rest day. We skipped work.

Oh yes, it was kind of cool when someone walked up to me on Tuesday afternoon asking me if I were the emcee on Sunday night. I was rather surprised as the lady said I did a good job. I joked with her asking if she enjoyed my croaking away - she did. That sure boosted a bit of my ego but seriously, I still dare not watch the video playback of my performance that night. Arghh...

Anyway, its been busy days at work as am rushing out some projects for my clients as well as trying to maintain sleep. I realised that once one loses sleep, he can never catch it back no matter how much one sleeps. Its like chasing lost time - impossible so let's treasure our bedtime and try our best not to skip sleep. Skipping meals is fine but skipping sleep causes a lost mind.

No comments: