Monday, February 25, 2008

Turning 29 ...

Birthday parties and loads of mysterious presents are a thing of my past. As another year will be added to my age once the hour hand touches 12 midnight, nothing much exciting is going to happen this year. Maybe because am really getting older.

Surely its something to be proud of as each year brings an insight on wisdom of sorts. Don't we often hear that the older one gets, the wiser one becomes. Agree? I am indeed wiser.

I guess over the years, I gained lots of opportunities to learn different aspects of life - about love, about life and best of all about goals and dreams.

As each minute brings me closer to being officially 29, I ask myself numerous questions how I would be 3, 5 and 10 years from now. Would I be satisfied and truly happy with my progress in career, family relations and importantly health.

I guess I cannot complain much right now as I probably already have what I need now, everything except the house - my own home which I really hope to have before the year ends.

Career wise, am doing fine but of course, everything can be better.That's greed. I guess one becomes satisfied only when one knows when to stop wanting and for me, that's not so soon thus dreams and goals still live inside me while I'll try ways and means to bring these dreams and goals that I speak of to life.

So before I blow out any candles tomorrow, I have to think carefully what to wish for. World peace and pollution free will surely not be on the wishlist but perhaps, something closer to the heart.Yes, that's the thing I will wish for and may the dream come true soon.

So its happy birthday to me ..... And may my wishes come true on this special as well as every other day in my life.

May everyday be filled with lots of happiness for me, my loved ones, family and friends. Its only being happy that's truly the essence of a fruitful and cherished life.

See, words of wisdom. :)

No comments: