Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A day by the beach at Sentosa ...






Its one of those rare occassions where 3 brothers hang out by the beach, having lots of fun and of course, not forgetting red sunburns too. Sunburns are fun and they always bring me memories of my 'beach boy' days with my cousin Gregory. Whenever we went for a beach holiday, we'll head home looking really burnt - thanks to our hermit-crab hunting expedition.

Equipped with frisbee and a volley ball, four of us made our way to Palawan beach on Sentosa island. Weisheng told me recently that he likes the beach and I think I found the reason to this new addiction - babes.

Its surprising to know many Singaporean girls are now wearing two piece bikinis. I start to wander if its a liberal mindset or fashion sense.

During my secondary school days, I often visited Sentosa with girlfriends , in other words, female friends. I don't remember them wearing bikinis but instead they don swim suits.

What's funnier is they tend to wear the swim suits inside and on the outside, they wear t-shirts and shorts. All efforts to cover as much flesh as possible was the right thing then but now, revealing as much flesh is likely the 'in-thing' when visiting the beach.

I often ask Sandy to get herself a set of bikinis too but she refuses. Why? She's still from the old-school.

Ok, back to the fun we had on Sentosa. We started off with a volleyball
game between us. Weisheng and Junsheng were obviously in one team (they don't really have good ball sense yet. Still developing I guess - so I thought ) while me and only me on the other team. Yes, 1 versus 2.

I guess its age that's catching up. I aren't so agile anymore or likely I exercise so much lesser now that I can't keep up with their youth. What's worst is Sandy didn't even want to play volleyball so we stopped after half an hour so that we could join Sandy in the water.

In the water, we played 'Monkey' with the volleyball and frisbee too. Sadly, the frisbee decided to sink and we lost it - funny to know a three dollar China made frisbee wasn't made to float. So we bought another one which floated for S$5. S$2 more expensive than the sunken one.

We headed for lunch at one of the beach pubs which served pizza and beer. Junsheng also had his fill of Asahi beer. These guys know their stuff - Weisheng commented that Asahi was smoother than Tiger. Wow!

We lingered around a little longer before we headed for the shower. A lousy experience was awaiting us in the toilet but I won't comment it here. If you want to know more, ask me the next time you buy me a meal. ; )

On the whole, it was a fun outing with my two brothers and of course, not forgetting my wife too. She took leave from work so that she could join me in getting burnt from the sun. I look forward to the next outing and hopefully this time we can have the whole family together. It'll be a really fun experience having a picnic by the beach.

No comments: