Saturday, September 06, 2008

MacDonald's Sausage Mcmuffin with Egg ...

This morning I decided to join Lance for a quick breakfast at East Coast Mac's and I ordered a Sausage Mcmuffin with Egg burger. Its been a long time since I had a burger for breakfast and that's because I am known to skip breakfast. Yes, I know breakfast is the most important meal but for me, its dinner that ranks most important.

Anyway, what I received wasn't anyting close to a Sausage Mcmuffin with egg burger, it was just an egg between two pieces of bread.The paper wrapping it indeed state its a Sausage Mcmuffin with egg burger but my beef patty was missing.

I decided to be brave and headed for the counter. I informed the manager of the missing piece and without asking a single question, he brought me a warm Sausage Mcmuffin with egg. So what happens to the burger with missing parts? He took it away and dumped it into the bin.

I started to wonder how much food MacDonalds discard in a day. Its wasteful isn't it? I was thinking instead of throwing it away, why not just return it to me since its not dirty or spoilt. I could have eaten an extra burger but having it thrown made me feel really guilty for having reported this mistake they made in giving me a burger less sausage patty.

Perhaps Macdonalds should re-align their policy and not waste food this way. If only I had known that it'll be thrown away, I wouldn't have asked for another burger but that's me - yet another Macdonald encounter.

No comments: