Thursday, September 04, 2008

Yet another company event .. bowling.




So I won my first ever medal in bowling and perhaps the only one.

Its been some time since I rolled a ball but strangely I realised the stance was still there. Only the stance.

It was another outing arranged by the company and this time, they decided to hit the lanes at East Coast Park.

Actually I enjoy bowling very much but sadly, the friends I hang out with dislike this recreation and you want to know why? Chipped finger nails. Yes, these ladies are afraid their expensive manicure will break. Anyway, I don't see manicure as an art nor a fashion. You know what they remind me of? Don't scold me but it reminds me of Thaipusam.

Back to the bowling game we had, three games in a roll and the fingers ached. Must be my age but the younger girls also felt the same thus its not the age. Its likely due to the lack of exercise but fortunately I did my fair share of exercise this week. Straight after bowling, my colleagues decided to sweat it out along the cycling tracks - I cycled while some others jogged.

These women really inspire me to run again and keep fit. They don't give up, they just carry on despite being tired and drained out. Can I do the same? I am sure I can do the same given my atheletic history.

Next week its cable skiing. That will be loads of fun trying to stay on the surface of the water. If it happens, you'll hear from me really soon.

For now, I'll keep this medal of mine as this is the only one I am going to keep as those I had from school have been disposed and I really regret doing so. How many more medals or trophies can I ever receive? Franky, none cause once again, my friends aren't into such. My friends only live the fine life and that's hitting the gym. Sandy does the same which is good but my best friend hates it thus my belly.

No comments: