Friday, October 17, 2008

Another crash ...

We now live in a high tech world where at a click of a button we'll be able to see the world and its activities.

 

Sometimes I don't know whether this is good or bad but I somehow got lucky enough to find that out first hand how my world will change when my work computer crashed on me, taking with it a whole load of information that was important to me.

 

This would never have happened in the 60s where snail mails were sent and type writers used in churning out these letters. This is now a complete different world. We depend so much on technology nowadays that when a glitch decides to surface, air planes lose hundreds of feet.

 

I am sure at work you often find yourself depending so much on the computer that without it, you just cannot function right. There is no one to blame but myself for trusting too much in a system that I thought would work and that big question on 'what if it crashed? 'never really occurred to me.

 

It is weird. Only two months old and kaput. Game over. Maybe a Dell isn't that stable or have I overworked the computer or am I overworked myself.

 

I guess I learnt my lesson now and shall have all my correspondences printed out and kept in a hard file. Back to the Stone Age days where one has to use a perforator. Ok, I exaggerated this time. Just back to the 'chop the trees' age.





No comments: