Friday, October 17, 2008

A trip to Melaka ...





Once again my apologies for not being able to load up pictures and write about my recent outings as I have been really busy these days.

First of all, let me highlight one of the more important events that took place last month and that is our family trip to Melaka.

Melaka being an old Portugese settlement, it has a rich and diverse culture. About 2 hours by road, one can find simplicity in the small Chinese dominated town. Oh, for you who do not know where Melaka is, its in Malaysia. : )

It has been quite a while since I joined my parents and my two younger brothers for a trip and its a big bonus to have my godparents as well as another cousin join us. Its a pity we weren't able to have the whole family tree together but that'll happen soon I hope.

A one night two day trip can be quite a rush but frankly, we were there only for the food. Shopping wasn't that bad but the weather was really hot as we had to walk to Jonker Street from the Holiday Inn hotel.

My colleague Eileen provided me with lots of addresses for food but unfortunately we only managed to try Aunty Lee as shown in the photo. My, the food was great.

In another picture, you'll see a rather rare photo taken in a pub with my parents, brothers, cousin and my beautiful wife Sandy. Believe it or not, we played dice games and whoever loses will need to take a gulp from the Heineken bottle. The 'kids' enjoyed themselves and what's best was we had an underage chap drinking two bottles of the ever popular beer.

I am looking forward to the next trip and am planning for it to be Ipoh as well as Genting. That is going to be real fun but the traveling time is going to be a little long but with family, a journey can never be too long.

No comments: