Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween ...!






The long awaited Halloween Party at GMAC GRS has happened and gone all in just 2 over hours but I sure had lots of fun being able to cross dress using a piece of black thrash bag.

Halloween often associates with the color black and practically seventy percent of us in the office came dressed in the darkest color ever known but of course, there are always people who decided to think out of the box and came in white drapes of cloth.

We had some who really looked ghostly with bleeding nose and blood stained dress and what’s best was a pirate who came back to life from the movie Pirates of the Caribbean. Oh, we also had a mummified corpse that walked around slowly and God knows how many tissue papers were used in the making of the mummy but it was really funny seeing my colleagues all dressed up. I wonder how they’ll look when it comes to other themes like ‘Back to School’ or even ‘Saturday Night Fever’. That’ll be really fun!

Anyway, what is Halloween all about? What’s with Trick or Treat? Frankly, do you have any idea why in western countries people celebrate this? Is it something close to our traditional Ghost Festival celebrated by the Chinese?

I took a read on Wikipedia and found out that this tradition actually started from early Irish immigrants who celebrated the festival of Samhain and it is often regarded as the Celtic New Year.

This is perhaps my second time participating in a Halloween party and if memory doesn’t fail me, the first time was likely 10 years ago in Sentosa which included a Ghost Tour of a former British barrack. Spooky!

Nevertheless, we had lots of fun painting our faces and making it look as scary as possible but the effect on me was meant to be pretty. So tell me, chio bo? ( Am I pretty?) Seriously, when I saw myself in the mirror, I wanted so much to laugh out loud and yes, I somewhat freaked a man who was doing the pee in the Gents. My presence really startled him and I had to assure him that whatever he had between his legs, I too have it.

If given another opportunity, I won’t mind putting on some make up again and turning myself to look like a girl especially since we all know there is some feminine side of me that’s hiding deep inside. : )

Now between me and Sandy, am sure you can tell who the female is.

No comments: