Sunday, June 07, 2009

My first anniversary and it remains fresh in my memory ...

Last year today, Sandy and I both said ' I do '. I do to a whole new world, I do to a whole new life and as one. As husband and wife that shares the same surname - Chong. A unity of love and a promise to care for one another, through thick and thin, through riches and rags, through good and bad health.
 
Everything that happened during this period last year is still fondly cherished and remembered.
 
From the gestures of family and friends that took time to witness the biggest event of our lives as well as the moments they spent with us partying, merrying.
 
Of course, I have to thank those close friends who made our wedding a total success especially on that rainy day in Sentosa. I can remember how the skies opened and partied by showering us with lots of love in rain.
 
The bachelor parties, the drinking sessions and the drunkards we created all in the name of fun and great company.
 
Yes, I remembered also how I cried on stage and how I managed to serenade the crowd with my own composition of romantic tune. Somewhat, Sandy didn't get my lyrics right even till today but it's all great because I fulfilled my wishes in having my own 'mini - concert'.
 
The days that followed after the wedding was a fantastic time spent with a close buddy. I do not know if Sandy and I will ever find such fun and company ever again in a vacation - a double date away from the little dot we live in.
 
From what I can remember, everything went smooth and almost as planned.
 
I hope in the many years to come, I can still do a playback in my mind of what happened during the summer of 2008 as I know, these cherished moments can only happen once in a lifetime.
 
Happy 1st year anniversary. As of now, we still do not know what we'll be having for our anniversary dinner. We'll likely visit Amara Sanctuary again and try to walk those path that we step foot a year ago. Hand in hand, heart to heart.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: