Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Which is better? To love or be loved?

 

Just yesterday, I met up with an old friend of mine and at the age of 30, he told me he is caught in a love triangle.

 

OK. The age is insignificant. We can always fall in love again at the age of 80. Right?

 

So he told me his story and in the midst of our conversation, I asked.

 

'Would you prefer to love or be loved?'

 

He wasn't sure. In fact, I too am not sure but I am convinced that being loved is far better than loving someone.

 

To love somebody takes a lot of energy, strength and emotional setbacks whereas to be loved would mean more like sitting in the passenger's seat and let things go almost auto pilot. Agree?

 

At least the chances of being hurt and leaving the relationship with a broken heart would be minimized. No teary eyes and sleepless nights.

 

But on the other hand, you love her so much that when the day that relationship falters, your eye balls will start to pop out due to over exhaustion of the tear glands. ( are there tear glands? )

 

So where do you stand in a relationship?

 

For me, I think I am the receiving one in my marriage.

 

Shhh …. Please don't tell Sandy about this. I aren't afraid she'll hit me but I am just afraid she'll love me lesser and I'll end up having to love her more thus changing the tides of love.

 

Ok, now it makes no sense because we do not know how to measure love. What units do we use? Amperes?

2 comments:

missdior said...

You make it sound like being 30 is the end of life and fun.

I'm 29 and my life has barely started....

KraM said...

funny lady .... : ) it's only the beginning of life.