Saturday, July 11, 2009

A tipsy posting...

As from the title, you perhaps can tell that I am writing under the influence of alcohol and frankly, this is the first time this is happening. Writing when I am intoxicated. Not drunk but only tipsy.

Firstly, I drove back home safely without compromising road safety so that sure is something consoling. Come on, don't look at me like that. It's not like I committed the biggest crime in the world. I only drove with a certain content of alcohol in my system.

For once, let me just blog without having to care about the feeling of others and just let me be me - Mark Chong. If you read this and have very strong feelings about what I am going to say, just take it like I never once said a word about it.

Well, I just want to moan and groan about the world. About life as a whole. About my life.

I realised from this experience of being intoxicated and driving home from Selegie to Simei and droppin off two passengers can be quite a feat and surely quite a selfish act but I did it anyway without getting into much trouble. Frankly, I hardly do this - drink and drive.

In many other countries, this is just so common. Drink driving.

Yes, I know the complications and implications about having to drink when highly intoxicated with alcohol in the blood stream but sometimes, it is just so tempting to try that experience. This is my second time. Only second time so don't worry too much. I don't know when the third time would come but it really depends very much on the mood I am getting into.

Never mind the mood and never mind the alcohol level that is in the blood as I type make this entry.

I realised something very important and I believe many of you might have experienced this too. Did you realise the most important people in your life are those who are actually related to you by blood? The chaps who get darn worked up and worried when reading such a negative blog like mine is perhaps my parents. Not friends.

Parents worry day and night about us. They worry about when we sleep , when we wake up and when we have our meals. They worry about whether or not we can cope with society, cope with our studies and also worry about whether we have enough to spend. That is the genuine love we should relate to.

Surely not what friends say about loving you and all those mushy words. No other love can ever succeed the love of a mother or a father. That is one true love. Of course, the other love you can ever depend on is truly the love your spouse showers you with. She is the other person who will selflessly sacrifice for you and make all the difficult paths or journey with you. Rich or poor, she will walk with you just like what both of you vowed previously. Great love isn't it?

Well, I am not comparing the love between parents and that of our spouses. I just want to relate that no one else can spare or make huge sacrifices for us. It is only this two group of people in our lives that think a lot about us and hope for the better of our lives.

When time are bad, who really sticks with you? I guess the answer is pretty obvious. Parents and of course your spouse because only their world revolves around you but for others, their world will not stop a minute for you as they do have their own world to live in and that's what life is all about. Sadly .. unfortunately.

The world is only selfish .... thus I have decided to take upon what comes upon me and I will walk my way with my spouse and with the support of family. No one else really matters and this is the most frank I can be.

** do note that I am writing this with a intoxicated brain thus if you do get offended, I apologise but this is what I really think the world is about and this is indeed how it revolves. The world revolves not about me but it's about you and your world will not stop because of me. Sad this is so true ......

No comments: