Thursday, July 09, 2009

A dead battery ...

I never knew how crippled I could end up without a working mobile phone.

Yesterday during office hours, my battery died on me and leaving me with no way of communicating with colleagues, friends and most importantly my lovely spouse.

With today's advanced technology, mobile phones are just too common and a public phone is downright rare. I roamed the streets to find a public phone booth but couldn't find one that allowed me to insert coins. I only found those which allowed calling cards. My was I agitated.

It is my mistake for not charging the battery and it is only through this experience that I realised how important tele-conversations can be. The need to communicate with someone out there seems just impossible. What's worst is that phone numbers are no longer stored in my brains but all in the phone.

See how much we rely on memory chips and technology. Without it, we just feel helpless and very much lost.

No comments: