Sunday, July 05, 2009

12 years ago from school ...

It's nice to catch up with old friends especially when these 'old friends' are able to help you recall your younger days.

I was honoured to be invited to Shariffah's place for lunch. Why honoured you must wonder. It's been ages since we met and we never really kept in touch after college.

Well, you have to understand my youth or my younger days have been robbed by my wife Sandy. Frankly and sadly true but I never really regretted. : ) She's the best thing that ever happened at college. I have to say much better than where my results brought me.

The other chap which I got to catch up again was Mubin. We were close friends in school but sadly after I got conscripted, we didn't really stay in contact. He is now married with a daughter. Lucky chap and am sure he is all happy now having settled with family.

Lunch was fabulous and Shariffah sure cooked the French cut lamb really well. Unfortunately, my appetite after badminton could only allow two pieces. If only I didn't exercise that morning.

The other person whom I met was Peiling. Let's not talk about her because I get to see her any other day. Oh, we have her date with her on 14th July to celebrate her turning a year older. How old? I better not blog about it if not trouble will come looking for me. : )

It was a well spent Saturday afternoon and I look forward to many more meet-ups with old friends in the near future.

No comments: