Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bristol Day 1



It was tears when I departed changi airport. It is afterall the first time Sandy and I ever parted for such long time.

Sacrifices need to be made. For me and the family.

Anyway, it was a really long flight from Singapore to Bristol via Amsterdam. Thankfully Stilnox worked well for me and during the 13 hour flight, I slept for at least 10 hours. Guess I have been overky tired from the last minute packing.

Lunch in Bristol was a simple 5 pound Chicken Avocado sandwich and dinner was KFC taste-alike. Didn't really liked the fried chicken because it was darn oily. And the cost of a three piece meal was 5 pounds again.

Looks like I really need to use the kitchen facility in my one bedroom serviced apartment - www.geometricapartments.com. Can't complain much but the bedroom has no aircon. Weird isn't it? Maybe because it is winter.

I hope there will be an opportunity for Sandy to visit me as I miss her so much and it has only been slightly more than 24 hours. Thanks to SKYPE, we still can use video call online.

It is 745pm here as I type but am feeling so tired already.Jetlag.

Let us hope all will turn out well tomorrow as I report for my first day at work in Bristol. Hope the days ahead will be a little more exciting in terms of work and leisure.

No comments: