Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bristol Day 2



I started my day at 4am local time. I guess the body system hasn't gotten used to it yet and it will take some time to 'convert'.

The wind was strong and the weather chilly. Nice to sleep in but too bad the body just can't be forced to rest. But it is good because I was able to call home to check out on my darling baby. :)

It is 830pm now and my brain is slowing down. Maybe due to a glass of beer I had earlier in the evening. Hope it can help me 'tune' the system.

Guess what? I managed to input some rice into my stomach. Japanese food. Looks like it wouldn't be the last time I am going to the Japanese restaurant even though the meal cost me about 20 pounds for Japanese seafood curry rice and some futomaki which had fried seaweed.

I wonder what's for lunch tomorrow. It seems most folks here actually prepare lunch and pack it in to the office to eat. Maybe they just don't like the cold. Frankly, I love the weather for now. At least I don't get sweaty after a 25 minute walk to the office from my apartment.

Oh. I took my first taxi ride in a SAAB. A private owned cab which didn't at all look like a licensed taxi and a short 5 minute ride cost me 14 pounds. I have to ask my collegues if I got ripped off.

Off to bed now since there is nothing much to do at this moment except to watch some BBC News.

You will hear from me again tomorrow.

No comments: