Thursday, November 26, 2009

Bristol Day 31




I had an enjoyable evening tonight. Every reason to be because I played snooker with Chris Davies. It was very good company I had for snooker and dinner. Maybe because it has been a long time since I touched green cloth and held a cue in my left hand.

After work today, Chris took me out to a Riley's club for snooker. It was a very cosy place with your typical bar counter and perfect green tables with washed balls. Indeed a very good experience to play in England but frankly, more people play pool and snooker aren't that popular anymore because it requires concentration and precision. The training in Singapore I had prepared me for tonight's game. Frankly, I hardly play so well but today I just had to concentrate because I was playing with an ang-mo. I played seriously and planned my shots. Baya, beware!!

We had two frames of snooker and then we headed out for an Italian dinner where I ordered a veggie risotto. I love risotto and if I am not wrong, it is my third or fourth time eating risotto in the UK. Just love it!

We chatted about our personal lives and I found out we sort of have similar personalities. He is a nice chap and a good role model for me but too bad he will be leaving the company in three months. Quite a pity but as a family man, he'll need to do what is right and best for the well being of his children.

Enough said.I had a great time tonight.

Lunch was again at Cafe Amore. Jacket potato with tuna and crab. Filling. Very filling.

In another 4 weeks I will be home. Can't wait. Can't wait.

No comments: