Friday, December 04, 2009

Bristol Day 19





Finally it is Friday tomorrow and I have never been so excited about a weekend before since I came to Bristol. I wonder why. Funny isn't it?

The weather tonight has been cold and I think I might need to buy another set of winter clothing because what I have now won't be able to last through mid December. Terrible isn't it? If only I could have steamboat, it'll warm me up lots.

Since steamboat is not available, what else can keep you warm? Lamb ribs. I had lamb ribs at Beefeater this evening and a pumpkin soup. Not too bad but surely not the best dish I have tried in Bristol. Frankly, I wonder which one can I consider the best meal I had. Let me recap and reveal it in another blog entry.

Angela had some pasta and crumble apple pie with ice cream. She seemed to enjoy it but the cheese in the pasta sure was filling because she couldn't finish the meal.

Lunch was fish and chips with Angela and Pina. Well, more than fish and chips because we ordered a battered sausage and a faggot. A faggot is some sort of mixed minced meat which didn't taste that fantastic. It was salty. The fish and chips weren't anything special too. Not traditional because it was owned, runned and cooked by Iranian. Everyone can make fish & chips thus it no longer is an English meal. Same goes for Japanese food in Bristol as most Japanese restaurants I know do not have a single Japanese chef. Talk about globalization at it's fullest.

After dinner I took some time to do some shopping again and got quite a bit of stuff. It is afterall the Christmas season and the mood for shopping was surely around thus I bought some things.Only some so please don't think I got you something because I likely didn't. :)

Headed to Adrian's pub after dinner and had a cider. I told him if only I could bring some cider home for family to try, it'll be great and he told me he'll pack them in a soft drink bottle for me so I can take some home. Should I accept the offer? Well, let's see what happens three weeks later.

Yahoo. The weekend is in reach and again I can't wait for this weekend.

No comments: