Thursday, December 03, 2009

Bristol Day 20









The real countdown begins. :) Exciting isn't it?

Well, just got back from dinner at 11pm and it is really late given it is a work day tomorrow.

Headed to Masa with Angela tonight for Tepanyaki. I consider myself heading back to familiar territory when I head there because I some what know most of the people there. At least by face but tonight we managed to exchange some email addresses etc. Angela and I ordered a simple tepanyaki menu, some Kirin beer and ended the meal with a complimentary plate of homemade peanut ice cream. No kidding. It was very nice and I wouldn't mind paying for such dessert.

My Italian colleague prepared some home-made dessert for our team and the tiramisu look-alike was definitely yummy. We call it Pinamisu - named after Pina. Mix the words up and another meaning comes alive.

This morning I walked out to the laundry to collect my clothes and wanted to deposit some dirty clothes for laundry but the chap wasn't open. I hope he hasn't run away with my clothes because that is going to be quite a loss for me. 7 pieces of clothing can help lessen the load but not worth it.

Again I count my days before I can sleep on my own bed. I just hope the air-con is cold enough so that I can enjoy my sleep back home. I miss the TV programs, the music I can listen to (versus watching Youtube) and the food I can savour. How many more days? I very often lose count. Still too many numbers but maybe not. I don't know.

Christmas is round the corner and I can see lots of people shopping here in Bristol. I too did start on my shopping but am controlling a bit because I didn't want to risk running an overweight luggage.

This Saturday I will be going for a date and then attending a boxing party at Adrian's place with a partner. I won'r reveal who this partner is but take a look at the photos and you can start guessing. :) I have to be in a suit and tie because it is a formal event. Adrian has made a booking for the hotel because it is going to be a little faraway and I won't make it back to the apartment on Saturday night thus Skype can only take place on Saturday when Sandy is in Desaru enjoying.

I will then take time to travel on Sunday along the countryside with Adrian and visit cider farms etc. I was told that the phone network isn't very good in that area thus do not get worried if you can't reach me on the phone. I will reach you when I return home by blog but I promise to try to call whenever possible.

So Beatrice is going away for a vacation to Macau for her birthday. I wonder if she'll win enough money to buy us all presents. :)

Off to sleep now as it is 1130 pm and in 15 minutes I will wake my darling wife up. Can't wait to do that in person by planting a kiss on her cheeks to say 'I love you'.

No comments: