Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Shopping.

 
Orchard was a chaotic place over the weekend and thanks to Andy, I needed to make a trip to DFS where I had to tell off a cashier at the Origins counter for poor service.
Well, she was rude and customer unfriendly. It is very unlike me to voice out my unhappiness and commenting on service standards because I know noone is perfect but I don't know why but I blew up when the unfriendly person made it look like we would run away with the unpaid item and thus she rudely asked us to leave it at the counter if we wanted to pay. It is not a big thing but I just didn't like the way she sounded and thus I told her off.
 
Frankly, after that I felt a little bad for being harsh.
 
Dinner was at Brauhaus, an English pub look-alike. Why of all places an English pub right? Well, I was missing my cider and I banged hard on luck that they could feed my crave for any cider but unfortunately none. I had to settle for a German cloudy ale. The steak Sandy ordered was pretty good and reasonably priced but my mussels in beer was terrible. Lousy and I was again left disappointed. Maybe the best place for mussels is still Brussels Sprouts. Will take my dad there sometime and I am sure he'll enjoy it. 

So the festive season is round the corner and lots of people are doing their year-end shopping for presents and gifts. I have more or less completed mine except for maybe one or two persons which I have yet to purchase for. 
 
I am looking forward to 2010 as it is going to be an important year for me in terms of career progression and of course Baby Mark will join us in the second quarter of the year. Lots of changes definitely in terms of lifestyle, sleep and leisure but we'll just need to manage it properly as I believe we have all the resources required to manage the baby well. Believe it or not I actually mentioned it to Sandy that in June, we'll take a trip out to Japan with my brothers. Let's see if we'll do just that and evil enough to leave the baby behind to be looked after by grand Baya and grand Maya. : ) 
 
  

No comments: