Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas ...!

It is the time of the year for giving ,, and of course a good break away from work.
 
The weather isn't looking very good but it is not snowing. Never. Only heavy showers here in Singapore which causes massive traffic jams. Maybe if Santa visited, he'll be caught in one too. 
 
Many things are lined up this long weekend. Lunch and dinner parties,  meet up with old friends and most importantly spending time with family. Isn't that the reason for Christmas? Getting extended families together to laugh and have fun.
 
If I were given a Christmas wish by Santa, I don't really know what to ask for. When I was younger, I used to hang my wish list on a Christmas tree and it is often for material gifts but now I can only hang it on my own neck, work hard for it and get the things I want. So back to what I would ask for from Santa if he ever existed, maybe more laughter, fun and joy in my every day life. It is not that I am getting anything less but at my age I don't know what else I can wish for because I know if I wanted a Ferrari or my own private jet or a district 9,10 house or apartment, I'll have to work doubly hard for it and how hard do I want to work for it? I won't compromise quality time with family and I don't have a golden spoon like many other peers of mine but I am very happy mine is already silver because I worked for what I own now (minus the gifts from family once in awhile) and I am proud of that. Very proud. 
 
Yes, I had my bad times this year in 2009 but it is only the bad times that allows me to treasure the better times I am having now. It helped me grow up and made me think differently about life, family relationships and friendships. It was indeed many lessons learnt through 2009 and I know this will not be the last lesson learnt for a man's journey is all about making mistakes, learning from it and picking the broken pieces up again.
 
So if Santa is listening, I wish for lots of laughter, fun and joy in my life. Not only for me but for my family.
 
Merry Christmas everyone ...

No comments: