Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fatherhood

If you asked me whether or not I am excited to be a father, the answer is yes.

At the same time I do get weak in the knees just having the thought that I will be a father in half a year.

It can be a scary thought because things will change drastically. In terms of lifestyle, outings and even the simplest entertainment of watching a concert within my own four walls can be made difficult.

It is not easy to be a father let alone be a good one but I will try.

A friend dropped me a comment on my Facebook asking me to enjoy my freedom now before losing it. Is it that dreadful whereby my freedom is compromised? I don't know but frankly I have seen friends who make it look so easy and some who just get frustrated whenever the child cries. I wonder which one will I be.

I always brag about leaving the baby to cry out loud and not pay to much attention to him but I know I am not that sort who can really put two earphones into the ears and pretend that the baby is asleep soundly.

I don't know if I will take time to change his diapers, make him milk, feed him and burp him or will I just be a father who would play with him when he is in the best of moods and return him to the mother when he ends up wailing at the top of his voice.

I can't tell now but time can and that will all start happening in May 2010 where my little prince will join the family. Prince. Nice name. :)

No comments: