Wednesday, January 13, 2010

An angmo's gesture.

Basically I have never befriended an angmo that is as local as Daniel.

This Swiss chap speaks like a Singaporean with the 'las' and the 'lohs' and surely proficient with his Singlish sentence structure which allows him to order hawker food with no communication breakdown like many other expat friends face.



Interestingly he even offered to order my fish soup noodle.

I find it to be quite a feat because for me to order a meal at the hawker centre, I often need to mentally rehearse what I need to order.

It usually goes like this.

"我想要一碗三块钱的虾面汤和一碗面线汤不要菜。"

It may seem simple to many but difficult for me thus if ever I get you a wrong order, please don't shoot me.

On the contrary, put me in front of a top management executive and I wouldn't even be worried.

Weird isn't it?


Location:Simei Rise,Tampines,Singapore

No comments: